An associate partner of KH & PARTNERS; a recognized expert in the field of corporate, civil, administrative and international law; carries out both corporate legal protection of legal entities and natural persons; at the same time, serves as a special reporter of the Washington Times; with his participation, the company’s customers were able to save more than USD 300 million through pre-trial procedures and litigation; has won more than 1,500 cases in civil and administrative litigation.
- 1989-1990 – Minsk State University, Faculty of Law;
- 1990-1991: Vilnius State University, Faculty of Law;
- 1991-1994: TSU Faculty of International Law and International Relations; qualification: lawyer; diploma: http://www.sakartvelo.com/Files/Rights/diploma.html
- 2008: London School of Economics and Political Sciences (LSE)
- 1993–1994: Head of the Legal Department of Gori Administration;
- 1994-1996: Advisor to the Governor of Shida Kartli, Secretary of the Security Council;
- 1995-1996: Second Secretary of the CIS Russian Federation Division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs;
- 1996-1997: expert-consultant on issues of human rights protection of the Parliament of Georgia;
- 1997-1998: GTZ/EU commercial law expert;
- 1998-1999: USAID/Barents Group: securities market advisor;
- 1999-2000: Chief Lawyer of Tbilisi Office of the University of Maryland (USA);
- 2000: Chief Lawyer of the American Bar Association (ABA) Liaison Office;
- 2000-2001: Chairman of the International Arbitration Court of the International Chamber of Commerce of Georgia;
- 1998-2001: TSU lecturer of international private law;
- 2002: Founder and co-chairman of the Association of Arbitration Courts of Georgia;
- 2001-2010: Director, American and Georgian Lawyers, LLC.
- Author of many bills and laws;
- 1999: Received personal thanks of the President of Georgia for his personal great contribution to the development of international law and the accession of Georgia to the World Trade Organization;
- 1999-Present: Special Correspondent for The Washington Times;
- 2009: included in the Chambers List of the World’s Leading Lawyers;
- 2009: The U.S. Sibley International LLC recognizes Zurab Vanishvili as the best lawyer;
- 2010: The World Bank grants Zurab Vanishvili the status of Friendly Lawyer;
- His works are mentioned in USAID’s bibliography (Georgia Enterprise Growth Initiative (2002 – 2007);
- 2006: receives a grant from the US government to defend journalists in court.
Based on the 29-year successful legal activity, Zurab Vanishvili is considered a recognized expert in the field of law on an international scale.