An associate partner of KH & PARTNERS with a 8-year experience of serving as an attorney at law; she is a criminal and civil law expert.
She has won dozens of high-profile cases of complex categories of criminal law with acquittals; participates in jury trials; more than 100 plea bargains were reached by her in criminal cases; a member of the Georgian Bar Association.
Specialization: general practice.
Main field of service: civil and criminal law.
- 2014: Awarded Bachelor of Law Degree (TSU);
- 2016: Awarded an academic degree of Master of Criminal Law (GTTU) was awarded; defended the thesis on the topic: “Sentences and Alternative Mechanisms of Criminal Responsibility (Prosecution)” – conditional sentence; diversion, diversion-mediation);
- 2014: successfully passed the qualifying exam for a lawyer of criminal law, and of a lawyer of general practice in 2015;
- 2014: completed a 6-month internship at the Criminal Board of Tbilisi City Courtю
- 2015-2017: Law office “Modebadze & Co.”, general practice lawyer;
- April 2017-July 2017: Legal Aid Bureau of Kvemo Kartli, general practice lawyer;
- July 2017-December 1, 2019: Tbilisi Legal Aid Bureau, general practice lawyer;
- 2017-present: Legal practice in criminal law and juvenile justice;
- 2019: Head of the Master’s Clinic “Pro-Bono Services” at Ivane Javakhishvili Tbilisi State University;
- December 10, 2019-present: Founder and head of Sophio Japaridze Law Office..
- June 2020-present: Attorney-mentorек with office mentees;
- August 4, 2020-present: a lawyer specializing in juvenile justice issues in the civil-administrative field;
- April 4, 2021-present: Member of the Committee on Lawyers’ Professional Rights of the Georgian Bar Association.
- Underwent a number of professional trainings and participated in various international conferences, including the preparation of a recommendation document regarding the guiding principles of lawyers and lawyers’ associations;
- Participated as a mentor in a number of simulated processes between schoolchildren and students.
The main field of her activity is civil (family) and criminal law..